Alaska agency provides businesses tools to effectively communicate safety changes
Updated: May 21, 2020
ANCHORAGE, Alaska—It’s safe to say “return to work” doesn’t mean return to normal. The world has shifted, businesses are quickly adapting, and so will the ways they communicate with customers and clients. Thompson & Co. Public Relations is
providing local businesses a boost with new service packages designed to provide efficiencies, assurances and relief using communications support at reduced rates.
“We’re at an imbalance between uncertainty and an abundance of information,” said T&C President and CEO Jennifer Thompson. “Guidelines for best practices for employers and employees returning to work are abundant, but how they’ll be embraced may be dependent on the messaging and delivery. Everyone is eager to fall into familiar routines, but the thought of the pandemic, spread of infection, personal well-being, it’s a lot to manage.”
Managing expectations and keeping external stakeholders like customers, suppliers and the local community updated on progress is important, but don’t overlook your internal team – employees, investors and board members. Well-defined communication plans empower employees, reduce confusion and stunts the spread of misinformation.
T&C is launching five new PR communication options as packages to help businesses share their messages as Alaska reopens fully for business.
Internal messaging strategy: Getting what you say right to your internal audience will be the first line of defense when it comes to reopening. Employees need to understand that process and buy in. T&C will help a business craft that internal messaging in the following ways:
1. A strategy session to develop or refine key messages to share main talking points with employees.
2. A one-page action plan/checklist for executing internal messaging.
3. A follow-up session with T&C for counsel on how to take feedback from employees and implement any changes necessary for communication.
Basic communication strategy: Many businesses may already have processes in place for reopening, but need to make sure their message resonates with customers. T&C will help refine messaging, determine the most efficient and effective communication methods, and brainstorm captivating ideas to help businesses succeed. This service includes:
1. A one-hour session with T&C for senior PR counsel to discuss and refine communication strategies and best practices for sharing a reopening message.
2. Edits to one form of existing communication materials – social media, newsletter, internal memo, etc.
3. A one-page, personalized communication plan.
4. Sponsored story and social media post in The Alaska 100, a monthly email newsletter distributed to 15,000 subscribers.
Video communication: Video reaches larger audiences with viewership consumption growing daily. T&C‘s digital and content team are skilled in developing video concepts, shooting and editing, and delivering creative and engaging videos,
completely produced in-house. This service includes:
1. A :30 to 60-second video made up of b-roll, photos, a voiceover and script produced for a company’s website, internal newsletter or social media channels highlighting the company’s key messaging points.
2. A video with this introductory package provides one round of client edits.
3. The video will also be shared in various file formats to be repurposed across multiple platforms.
Intermediate communication strategy: For businesses looking to get the word out further, to either a larger statewide audience or reach new stakeholders, T&C recommends media outreach that includes the following:
1. A one-hour video conference or phone brainstorm session to discuss and refine communication goal and best practices.
2. One press release or one e-newsletter drafted by T&C and distributed to a targeted list of Alaska media or stakeholders.
3. One sponsored story and social media post in The Alaska 100, a monthly email newsletter distributed to 15,000 subscribers.
Advanced communication strategy: If COVID-19 taught us anything, it’s that we can rise above the worst-case scenario but also be prepared to address it head on. T&C is experienced in developing crisis communications plans and putting them into action when needed. Businesses needing help with crisis planning can expect the following help from T&C.
1. Targeting the core leadership team that would address and respond to the crisis response team as well as identifying the company spokesperson.
2. A two-hour basic media training for how to respond to media questions in a crisis and a one-page document for best practices of working with the media in a crisis
3. A personalized checklist for how to move forward with crisis response planning.
Each package may be customized for the small business’s needs and offers an introduction to professional public relations services.
Thompson & Co. Public Relations is the leading independent public relations firm in Alaska. Headquartered in Anchorage, with a second office in Houston, Texas, the agency serves clients in a wide range of industries from travel and tourism to the arts and sciences. Recognized for its creativity and drive, the agency has won several national awards for its innovative public relations campaigns. For more information, visit ThompsonPR.com.
# # #
Gary Scott, EVP
Share the love!