An agency culture of giving
Driven by our tenets and convictions, Thompson & Company PR’s company culture is founded on improving the lives of those around us. Sometimes that means putting in long hours to draft the perfect pitch to earn killer coverage and please our clients. Other times it means volunteering in the local community or helping out a coworker.
T&C President and CEO Jennifer Thompson believes that success comes from being a “sleeve roller upper.” She leads by example, encouraging us to always work hard while still putting family first. One of our tenets and convictions that is engraved in our company culture is to be grateful and give back. It reminds us to be thankful for our clients and team members and to give back to the communities that have given us so much. One of the best, and easiest, ways to give back is through random acts of kindness. Whether we’re spreading joy to strangers, clients or fellow T&Cers, we strive to do this all year long.
Random Acts of Kindness Day
This year, we invite others to join us as we celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day on Feb. 17. Created by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, this holiday inspires people to make kindness effortless and have selfless acts be the norm. From big events like Jennifer’s Covenant House Sleep Out to surprising T&C Houston’s Megan O’Malley with her favorite dessert from Hugs and Donuts, no act of kindness is too small. We never know what other people are going through, and its amazing how a small act can provide a life changing impact.
In honor of Random Acts of Kindness day, we’re challenging others to follow our lead. As a creative agency, we’re excited to share some fun ideas to help brighten people’s days.
Ways to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day:
- Holding the elevator for that neighbor or stranger who is running late. We’ve all been there and appreciate it.
- Get in touch with an old friend or someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. It’s as simple as a call or text. Bonus points if you share an old photo or upgrade to a FaceTime call.
- Cook dinner for your roommate or significant other. Who doesn’t like coming home to homemade meal? Plus, it creates the chance to catch up over a glass of wine.
- Give a stranger a compliment.
- Help the elderly. Small tasks like carrying groceries or bringing the paper to the door will be greatly appreciated.
- Leave a nice note on a coworker’s desk.
- Foster or adopt a pet. Visiting a local shelter is a great way to make new (four-legged) best friend.
- Donate and give back to a cause you believe in. Whether it’s contributing $5 to a Go Fund Me link on Facebook or setting up a monthly contribution to your favorite charity, every penny makes a difference.
Join the movement
As a public relations agency, we understand the impact of strategic messaging and awareness. A single Starbucks customer started a domino effect with the random act of kindness of purchasing coffee for the next drive thru customer. This sparked the next 378 people in the Starbucks line to follow her lead in paying it forward. The iconic coffee chain shared the story and now has an entire blog post dedicated to other acts of kindness.
Nearly 25,000 people from 87 countries have already pledged to spread happiness through kindness. By encouraging others to join the movement and celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day, we’re hoping something as little as a hashtag can be a true agent of change. Share your random acts of kindness stories with #RAKDay and see how others are giving back.