Two new members named to 2022 Executive Committee and Officers Announced
NEW YORK (April 19, 2022) – PRSA, the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community, announced today that Jennifer Thompson, president and CEO of Alaska-based Thompson & Co. Public Relations, has been named the 2022 Chair of PRSA’s Counselors Academy, which focuses on the business and leadership of public relations agencies. In addition, the group named two new members to its Executive Committee and announced its 2022 officers.
Counselors Academy is one of 14 Professional Interest Sections which focus on a variety of areas of expertise and are offered exclusively to PRSA members. Sections provide specialized content and networking opportunities, as well as exclusive online communities, newsletters, training and in-person events.
Thompson has served on the Executive Committee of Counselors Academy since 2016 and most recently served as Chair-elect after fulfilling the Secretary/Treasurer role. New members joining her on the Executive Committee are Kelly Brockman, partner at McNeely Brockman Public Relations in Nashville, Tennessee and Nicole Morgan, APR, CEO of Resolute PR in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
“The past two years have been incredibly difficult, and as we start to emerge from a global pandemic, we are all navigating our new future in business,” said Thompson. “Having the opportunity to collaborate with fellow Counselor’s Academy members during this time has proven to be such a valuable resource and I’m looking forward to leading this group of PR professionals over the next year where we will collaborate, learn, share and celebrate our successes.”
In addition to Thompson, the 2022 Counselors Academy’s officers are:
- Rebecca Holmes, managing partner of Kiterocket in Seattle, Washington, as 2022 Chair-Elect.
- Natalie Ghidotti, APR, president and CEO of Ghidotti Communications in Little Rock, Arkansas, as Secretary/Treasurer.
- Jon Goldberg, founder and Chief Reputation Architect of Reputation Architects Inc. in Roseland, New Jersey, as Immediate Past Chair.
Serving as Members-at-Large on the 2022 Executive Committee for Counselors Academy are:
- Kelly Brockman, partner at McNeely Brockman PR in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Nicole Morgan, APR, CEO of Resolute PR in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Alison King, president of Media Profile in Toronto.
- Filomena Fanelli, CEO and founder of Impact PR & Communications in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- John Walker, managing partner of Chirp PR in Atlanta.
- Alexis Davis, president and CEO of PRecise Communications in Atlanta.
- Ben Finzel, president of RENEWPR in Washington, DC.
- Hinda Mitchell, founder and president of Inspire PR Group in Columbus, Ohio.
- Missy Hurley, APR, co-founder and principal of B2 Communications in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- LaTricia Woods, APR, president and owner of Mahogany Xan Communications, LLC in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Mike Neumeier, president of Arketi Group in Atlanta, as 2022 Ex-Officio Appointee.
The Counselors Academy was founded in 1960 and is dedicated to helping public relations agency owners and leaders succeed through access to collaborative peer relationships, meaningful professional development and education programs. The Academy focuses on the business of agency PR. Its entrepreneurial members are owners or senior managers of leading independent firms in the U.S. and Canada. Counselors Academy’s programs foster networking, mentoring and learning, and the Executive Committee consists of 15 senior-level public relations professionals from across the U.S. and Canada. Click here for more information on Counselors Academy, or follow us on Twitter at @caprsa or Instagram at @counselorsacademy.
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) empowers its members to succeed at every stage of their careers through a wide breadth of professional development, networking and leadership opportunities. Guided by its Code of Ethics, PRSA is collectively represented by 110 Chapters and 14 Professional Interest Sections, as well as on nearly 375 college and university campuses in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Argentina, Colombia and Peru through its student organization, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). PRSA’s signature events include the Anvil Awards and ICON, the premier annual gathering for communications professionals and students. For more information, visit www.prsa.org.